Saturday, August 14, 2010

What Kate's talking about these days

Kate is so much fun these days. I love being with her. Here are a few snip-its of the kinds of things we talk about during the day:


Kate - "I was in Mommy's belly when I was an itty bitty. Then God told me it was time for me to come out."


Kate - "Can I play with this?"
Me - "Daddy said you're not allowed to play with it."
Kate - "But Daddy's not here."
Me - "Wow...you still have to listen even though he's not here."


Me - "You have an umbrella just like this one in this book."
Kate - "Well, it's similar Mommy, but mine has more colors."
Me - "Uhh, you're right. I stand corrected."


Me - "Do you want a glass of water?"
Kate - "Yes. Can I please have a pink cup to match my pink shirt?"


Kate - "When Ellie gets here I'm going to huggle her, huggle her, huggle her!"


Kate - "Daddy, is that your cup on my furniture?"
Brett - "Yes, Kate, that's mine."
Kate (laughing) - "Silly, Daddy, that's not where we put cups!"
(Note to readers - I swear we're not trying to raise a neat freak. We don't talk about it, but actions speak loudly apparently.)


Kate - "Can I please get Ellie out of your belly?"
Me - "God says when it's time for her to come out."
Kate - "I'll just get her out for a little bit. Then we can put her back. I want to hug her!"


Kate (singing to my belly) - "I'm your big sister and I love you! I love you! I love you!"

Another shot of summer fun - Luke and Kate chillin in the pool

2 comments:

Alli said...

This is so funny! And a cute picture of those two. Kate cracks me up -- those wheels in her little mind are always spinning. I, personally, like the matching cup and shirt!

amo said...

Love this post!! Kate is so cute.