Monday, August 02, 2010

Feeling hot, hot, hot - NOT


This may be the most no brainer, no insight thing I've ever written about, but it's interesting to me so here goes. Yesterday one of our friends stopped by our house and we were outside. When I go outside our house in the summer, I usually wear pants and my hooded sweatshirt. Why? Because I hate mosquitoes, and they are always attracted to me. So, despite the 90 degree weather, not to mention my pregnant belly, that's what I think would be best to wear. And that's my standby outfit when I go outside to play with Kate or take a walk. To me, it's much better to be a little warmer than to get bit by mosquitoes. I also hate the feeling of Off, the other obvious solution; once I put it on I must take a shower afterwards, and that doesn't always fit in my schedule. So, there I am in a hoodie in August.

And here's the no brainer that just hit me - every human must process temperature very differently. I think our friend thought I was NUTS being dressed the way I was. But here's the thing - heat doesn't bother me. Sure, I may sweat, but who cares. I think it feels good to be hot. Now what I hate on the other hand, is being cold. It physically hurts me to be cold. Like sitting at a football game in November - it gets painful. Maybe it's the Lebanese blood. Brett has also observed that my mom and I drink enough water to hydrate most camels preparing for desert conditions, so that could also be connected.

Now this conclusion is my own - I think more people are bothered by heat than cold. I'm making this judgment based on how often I get comments on how terrible it must be to be pregnant in August because of the heat. Everyone talks about it, and it's really not of concern to me.

One other update for today - I've been thinking that today or tomorrow is the "big day." We'll see, because the clock is ticking...I may be wrong. Although there is still a little time...I also felt last week that the word around Ellie's birth would be "serenity", which is defined as "calm, tranquil, peaceful, composed." Those all sound good, eh.

(Oh, and in case you're curious, we've got a project brewing on the house...more to come soon!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful!! Hope you're feeling as good as you look. g. Nana is "waiting with baited breath" to hear and see Ellie. MUCH love!!!!! susie

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

I think you look beautiful and Kate does too! She looks like she's got all that she need to be a BIG sister in action! Oh.. baby Ellie, you have so much love coming your way!!

Alli said...

I think you are a nut about the heat but I embrace it as one of the many glorious things about Krissy.
And I whole-heartedly agree with the others: you look totally adorable!
(Now if only you stopped wearing that purple dress..........)