Thursday, August 05, 2010

Preschool

An update on our choice - Hyde Park Redeemer is our favorite. It is not the biggest or most popular choice, but it felt most consistent with our family. Things there felt more ordered, less chaotic (as preschools go, of course.) The space is big and new, the teachers are very experienced, there is an order and schedule to each day; it just felt right.

The drawback - at 2 years old it's only 2 days a week from 9-11:30. I then realized another objective of preschool - giving me time with Ellie, which this doesn't do much of. So, Kate will go to Redeemer on Mon & Tues, but then also to Goddard on Wed & Thurs. Goddard was my second choice. Not as good as Redeemer - the teachers, while degreed, are not as experienced, and the classes are bigger, still good ratios but just more kids and therefore more chaos. But they have a good and probably more academic and well-rounded environment. It's pricey, so we'll do it for a while and see how it goes.

The thing I'm most nervous about is Kate getting sick, and then Ellie getting sick (and probably the rest of us too.) I don't know that there is any way around it; I pray we don't have a year of sickness. But I know Kate will love it so that's no reason to keep her in a bubble at home.

I think she's really going to love it, so I'm super excited for her. Especially with Ellie here, I think it will be so good for her to have her own new, special thing. What fun!

1 comment:

Alli said...

I prayed that God would bless us with NO illness around Zoe's birth last winter. And guess what? We had NO (yes that's right) NO illness from January - June. Both Luke and I got a bad illness within the 6-7 weeks right before her birth but then absolutely NOTHING. God can do this. Ask him for this blessing. It was one of the biggest, most obvious blessings that we received from him around Zoe's birth. I'll pray for this for you all too.