Sunday, August 08, 2010

Gentle

Yesterday, when I was thinking about when Ellie would come (which I do quite often these days :), I felt like God said to me that the process of her birth and everything around it would be gentle. This past week was the first week I really felt like she could come, and it felt so relaxing, almost boring at times. It was nice to just have rest.

Gentleness is a strong contrast to Kate's birth - she came almost a month before we expected, my water broke at Babies R Us while buying everything including diapers. I'd describe her birth as dramatic, exciting, and energetic. Those are all words I'd use to describe Kate's personality as well.

I've felt like Ellie's birth would be gentle and serene, so expecting the pattern to hold true, I will look for those things both in her birth and personality. Delightful :)

Honestly, for me, while I'm really excited for Ellie to arrive, I'm not restless about it but instead pretty patient. She will come when the time is right; I feel good about that. I'm not overly uncomfortable, so we're just excitedly awaiting. Kate on the other hand seems very ready. She keeps digging in to understand if she can't take her out, when God is planning on it. It's very sweet.

And so we wait. At the swimming pool :)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's right, I just think of her as soft and sweet. Can't wait to cuddle her -- I think she'll be a cuddly little thing.

Alli said...

This is really sweet. I wish you a gentle birth story.