Friday, August 13, 2010

Quack Quack



Another day of fun while waiting for Ellie :) Today we went on the Cincinnati Duck Tour with the Russells - Kelly, Mac, Bode & Chaney. We loved it. It's a boat and a bus that looks like a duck. I learned some good new facts about Cincinnati, like the original state of the Ohio River is 20ft X 5ft (which was how it was during the Civil War when it served as the Mason-Dixon line) and that P&G started making soap because there was so much lard left over from the pigs being slaughtered here in "Pork-opolis." I always love being on the water, although today at 100 degrees it felt HOT.

Although there are still a few hours left in the day, it's looking promising that Ellie will not be born on Friday the 13th, which I'm very happy about. Not that I believe in all that junk, but who wants to have their birthday on a day given over to the occult. Any other day from now forward feels good. I'm starting to think we're going to have to go in and get her. She seems a little too comfortable in there. I'm still fine, but looking in the mirror I can definitely tell she's getting big. If it's not before then, I have an appointment on Monday with my doctor to discuss induction, which I am very fine with. So, we shall see!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my RED CHEEKS KATE! She's still smiling though!

Rachel said...

ps. Bode and Mac = two VERY handsome kids, I just love them.