Wednesday, January 28, 2009

High Ho, High Ho,

it's off to work I go!

Today I'm still in the Miami sunshine, but in a few weeks I'm starting a job. I'll be doing business consulting for a small company in Cincinnati called Seek Consulting. It's only about 30 people (it was 3 people just a few years ago.) I'll be their Marketing Director, a role similar to the kind of work I did at P&G, and I'll do consulting for corporations (including P&G, PGA tour, Jim Beam, whoever) to help them solve their business challenges.

I have to admit I have some weird emotions about it. I'm looking forward to trying something new - it will be interesting to be consulting vs. actually being the client. This type of work is a way that I express my creativity. It's part of how God made me, to figure out problems. But I'm also cautious - part of why I left P&G was because work had become my identity, and I'm not going to let that happen again. This will be a good test to see if I've matured enough to do it in a healthy way. I'm going to do part time, which is also key. And, it's super flexible, which is important to me. I'm also excited because the culture of the company is fantastic. The people are really awesome. So, we shall see!

Also, the thing I'm most excited about, is that one of our friends, Tara Dill, is going to take care of Kate. That is truly an answered prayer. I was asking God for someone we knew and trust to be available and interested in taking care of her, and Tara was feeling like she wanted a change to be with her girls more, so it worked out perfectly. I know this will be awesome. I love the way God works things out!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Go, Krissy! Such an exciting new beginning for everyone involved.