Thursday, January 22, 2009

Always on message


I thought Michelle Obama looked amazing on Inauguration Day. Both outfits were incredible. The lemongrass / gold coat outfit was regal, royal, phenomenonal. So functional and fashionable to not just wear a coat but a coat / dress combo. Great. I thought the ball gown was excellent as well. So good for her tall, thin stature. It almost looked like it had feathers. I loved it.


I also thought that it was no accident that the designers were not well known names you knew, but were unknown, representatives of Change, if you will. As a marketer, I'd say that's not an accident. If you were to script the designers, which of course you could and I'd say did, they were both American, one from Cuba & one from Taiwan, one young & one older, both names you don't know. To me, that makes a statement about the possibility of the American dream vs. the establishment (say if she would have picked Oscar de la Renta. Excellent choice to always stay on message.

No comments: