Friday, November 14, 2008

Go Buy This TODAY

I am a peanut butter connoisseur. I would guess that I eat peanut butter more than anyone you know. I LOVE peanut butter. I'll put it on anything - pretzels, graham crackers, carrots, you name and it probably tastes better with peanut butter on it. I love a toasted peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich. Yummy.

So here's the dilemna - my good friend Alison Seddon has been talking about how partially hydrogenated vegetable oil should be illegal and is probably going to kill a large % of our country. I believe Europe has already outlawed the stuff. The problem is, this stuff is in THE ONLY peanut butter I find palatable - Jif. Until now...

I was starting to feel like death was a high price to pay for peanut butter, but I wasn't willing to try that weird natural stuff (sorry, I'm just being real here.) But then, I saw Skippy Natural and thought, alright, I'll give it a whirl; worst case, I'm out $3. Friends, I have to tell you, this stuff is DELICIOUS!!! It tastes BETTER than regular Jif. It's won lots of "chef's best" awards, and I give it my stamp of approval as well. And, I have to say, Jif has a slightly weird aftertaste, I think it's probably that crazy hydrogenated stuff, and this stuff tastes, well, like real food. I'm not going to tell you it's lowfat (because it's not), but at least it's not hydrogenated. And, you don't have to refrigerate it or stir it up like the other natural peanut butters. So go for it - try it for yourself TODAY - you won't be disappointed!

In case you're curious, hydrogenated defined: "To combine with or subject to the action of hydrogen, especially to combine an unsaturated oil with hydrogen to produce a solid fat." I don't know, but "solid fat" is probably not a recipe for success...

3 comments:

Emily said...

the skippy natural is amazing!! do you have a whole foods near you?? if so, you should check out their peanut butter station. they have all sorts of different peanuts and other nuts that they make into "butter" right in front of you. they let you taste test it before you buy it. the cashew (sp??) is a personal fave :) maybe i'll take you there next time you visit.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to create a separate posting re: Embassy Suites.

kel said...

trader joes also has good cashew butter.

krissy, read this book: The Omnivores' Delimma. (in the book, they spell "dilemma" correctly. riveting.)