Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Celebrating Ellie


I received the best gift recently. My friends Alli and Sara threw me a shower for Ellie. I would probably have to say it was my favorite party ever. Let me tell you some of the reasons why:

First, they broke the "rule" that you don't have a shower for babies after the first born. The truth is, the best part of any shower is celebrating the baby who is coming into the world. I felt so blessed to get to celebrate Ellie uniquely. Secondly, the party really felt like a perfect celebration for who Ellie is. It was very feminine, held at the Bonbonorie Tea Room. It was light and fun. There were so many beautiful gifts just for her. It was awesome. Next, and probably the best part, was the invite list. It was very small and included my very favorite people. With my dearest friends there, it just felt right. Probably connected, I received the best presents ever. I'm not normally a "gift person", but every single gift was just delightful and perfect. I guess from the people who know me the best, that makes sense.



The theme of the shower was gifts just for Ellie, and that was perfect. I really felt compelled early on that Ellie shouldn't just have everything from Kate. Her room should feel different; she should have different things that reflect her. This shower made that happen in lots of fun ways.

Overall, it was such a beautiful event. It made me so happy. Happy to have such amazing friends. Happy to receive this beautiful new girl. Just happy.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Cana has informed me several times this week that she loves Ellie, and wants to rock her.

Lisa said...

Krissy, I love this post! Your joy over Ellie is so beautiful! Congratulations!

Alli said...

I feel that same joy over you and Ellie. I love you and loved getting to celebrate you. And you're right: each gift was awesome!