Sunday, September 28, 2008

JOY

I'm going to be studying JOY and sharing what I learn. Why? Because I want more joy, and I bet I'm not the only one. Plus, I think it's something Brett and I know about ---people have said it's a gift we share. Also, I think some joy has been stolen from people lately, and I'd like that to stop.

First thing I've learned about Joy - it's about Resonance with God's heart. One of the clearest examples of Joy that I've found in the Bible is the story of the Lost Son. When he comes back, his dad throws a bash. The dad's joy is a reflection of his resonance with God's joy in the son's repentance. I think we all experience joy from the things that God is joyful about. A few examples for me - Kate's smile, being on water, having dinner with Brett, playing my guitar.

More to come...

No comments: