Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The School Girl



Kate started pre-school back in September, and she LOVES it!!! It is so good for her. The second day she came home and said, "Mom, it's time for Circle Time. Please sit down." Circle Time is a very structured time each day where they learn new things, sing songs, pick jobs, etc. She loves being in school. By the second week, her teacher told me she had made a friend, Avery. They like to do everything together - how sweet :)



I think I posted a while ago that I had planned for Kate to go to 2 different schools. One of the things I do as a consultant is "scenario planning." I think the second school was to ensure that if Ellie & I were having a tough time adjusting, particularly with sleep & energy, that Kate would still have fun and stimulating things to do. The great news is, with Ellie being such a wonderful and easy baby, Kate is only going to 1 school, Hyde Park Redeemer for 2 days a week, and then the rest of the time we're all doing stuff together. It's been really nice and a great blessing.



Today was the Halloween party - Avery, Kate's buddy, is the Fairy Princess in pink. Kate is a princess - way to go Tom Maybin on the idea of recycling the flower girl dress, adding a tiara and tada - a princess! Also pictured are the teacher, Mrs. Ahrens, twin brothers Joel & Joshua, and Mckenna the chicken. I loved today that Kate had something really fun to do, and I didn't have to plan or organize it.



Ellie had fun today too - here she is playing with her zebra toy from the Seddons. I think she's giving it a kiss :) What a cutie! Kate said today, "I love Ellie's pretty smiles :)"

1 comment:

dad said...

Clearly, Ellie is thinking about seeing pawpaw this weekend.