Saturday, October 30, 2010

Faith


I'll start by saying - I LOVE THIS STORY! It is a testimony of God's goodness in my life. It's a goody: I had always questioned if I would physically be able to have children. There was plenty of evidence that suggested it would be difficult if not impossible. However, about 5 years ago, I stopped putting confidence in the difficulties happening in my body. Instead, I started listening to my heart and my spirit, and I knew I was going to be a mother. God started confirming this promise to me - I was going to bear children.

So, I started acting on that promise. Brett and I selected names for our unconceived children, we painted the bedrooms where they would sleep, and we started buying our unborn children clothes. About 5 years ago, I was shopping at Target and saw these adorable shoes, and I bought them for my future daughter. I had no sense of sizing, so I picked up the size that looked cute. Well, about 2 months ago, I stumbled across them, and what do you know, but Kate wears a size 8! A perfect match with Kate's red flower girl dress!

3 pairs of red shoes, 3 red dresses, 3 cute girls :)

Also noteworthy - a year ago, I interviewed my Grandma and learned a little more about her life story. One of the clear themes was, although she had endured challenges in her life, her FAITH never wavered. She never questioned the Lord's goodness toward her. We know that blessings endure through generations, and I know we will see the gift of faith in all our children.

Look at sweet little Ellie Belle :0)

I just bought her these shoes - they are a size zero! Who knew they made shoes in a size zero. Adorable

2 comments:

Alli said...

I just picked out that same dress for Zoe's holiday pictures! Ellie looks adorable in it. Love it. Well - I guess we aren't friends for nothin...seems we even have the same taste.
Love you and your girls so much.
And when I need to borrow on your faith - I'm coming your way. God says that's allowed! :-)

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

This is so awesome and I love that you take the time to remember, reflect & celebrate Him. More blessings to come... I'm certain!

PS.. Red is definitely the color for the ladies of the Little household. Very nice!