Thursday, October 28, 2010

Receiving Grace

Overall, things are still going very well around here. Although, about a week ago, I ran out of grace for myself. What I mean by that is, when Ellie was first born, I considered myself successful if everyone was alive. Now all the sudden I've raised the bar much higher, and I can have a tendency to feel like a failure at everything. Another big issue is, I've started working on small projects, which I really enjoy, but finding someone to watch the girls on short notice has been a huge challenge. I may only have an hour call to do, but it becomes a big issue. I'm still working through that. But, we're doing our best. I think it will continue to get easier, and I've got to give myself more grace when it feels like Kate's watched too much tv, I didn't cook a great dinner because I was holding Ellie who couldn't fall asleep, Brett and I haven't gone out and had fun in too long, I didn't have time to work out, I didn't have time to read, pray, etc. Physically, mentally, spiritually & relationally I may be falling short of my bar, but my bar is too high. I need to receive more grace.



Look at this sweet picture of Elizabeth GRACE - a beauty :)

1 comment:

Katy said...

Totally feeling this way too lately. Thanks for this... We all need to lower the bar a bit. And TV isn't always a bad thing :)