Monday, June 08, 2009

Instrument

This is random, but I was thinking how it's cool that each of us has an instrument we were born knowing how to play...our voice.  Of course, some can play better than others, but we all have it.  I recently started singing Kate a song each night before I lay her down.  And most nights, I make up a new one.  Sometimes, they are pretty nice (other times, they are well intended and loving but a bit pitiful.)  I was reflecting that I'd love to play my guitar to some of the songs I've come up with, but I'm not that skilled yet.  It's nice though that any of us can just make up a melody, lyrics, and sing it.  A nice gift, God :)

A side note - I can't get over how much Kate LOVES to dance!  I need to get a video of it, but today I swear she was head banging to the live version of Coldplay's Viva La Vida (which is a great song.)  She was in her car seat strapped down, so she had nothing else to shake but her head and her feet :)  So cute!

6 comments:

Emily said...

has brett sung the bulivium hoodlum tribe for kate yet?? that one is a classic :)

Krissy said...

I think so, and then I told him I didn't think it was appropriate...those lyrics are racy!

Brett said...

Yes, Emily I have. But as Krissy said, have since been banned from singing it. Probably a good call.

Emily said...

I forgot about the racy lyrics! Maybe when she is older....like 30 :) In the meantime, what about the nose picking song? That has a great beat too. I think it goes, "Everybody's doin' it doin' it! Pickin' their noses and they're chewin' it chewin' it."

So gross! Maybe scratch that one too ;)

Brett said...

Yes, Emily. We have banned that song too. No need to get that habit started for her.

Emily said...

brett, who knew you were such a controversial song writer??