Friday, June 05, 2009

Coldplay = Awesome show!

Unbelievable talent + Outstanding performers = Best Show Ever*

Brett and I went to the Coldplay concert last night and I would have to say it was the best show I've ever seen in an outdoor, large scale venue.  That's saying a lot since I used to work at Blossom Music Center (the Cleveland Riverbend equivalent) and have seen tons of shows.  (The only other qualifier is that nothing beats an intimate venue.)  Nikki, who also worked at Blossom, said the same thing of their past shows (last night she generously watched Kate - Yahoo!)  So, Coldplay....

These guys know what they're doing - particularly the lead guy.  Brett observed that you know a group is high quality when the crowd has people aged 7-70 years old.  And they didn't just sing their incredible songs - they sang from a side stage and a lawn stage to energize the whole crowd.  They created new lyrics on the fly about Cincinnati - this guy was genuine.  They gave away a 9 song, live CD for free to everyone at the show~they didn't have to do that, and I would have bought a few more songs, like "The Hardest Part", an amazing song I hadn't heard yet. So, a lyric from that song is where I'll end, Coldplay "you left the sweetest taste in my mouth." 

So - WHAT'S THE BEST SHOW YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO?

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I wanted to add - I just went to their site and you can get the CD for free! You should do it.

They are traveling like crazy! 16 dates in July, for example. That's a rough life. Chris Martin, the lead guy, is married to Gwyenth Paltrow. Rough.