Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Decadence

Lately I've been doing some things that I felt in my head were "decadent."  Then, I felt like God said to me "Why don't you look it up and see what it means?"  So, I did; hold onto your cupcake...Here's what decadent means -

1.  characterized by decadence, esp. culturally or morally: a decadent life of excessive money and no sense of responsibility.  
2.  unrestrained gratification; self-indulgent.

Wow.  So then I looked up decadence - 

1.the act or process of falling into an inferior condition or state; deterioration; decay: Some historians hold that the fall of Rome can be attributed to internal decadence.
2.moral degeneration or decay; turpitude.
3.unrestrained or excessive self-indulgence.

Interesting that the fall of Rome was attributed to decadence.  America better watch out...or, wait, are we too late??

No comments: